We have created a COVID-19 reading list, full of interesting articles, policy briefs and webpages, which might be of use when working on (inter)national or local recovery plans. The list is non-exhaustive and will be complemented frequently.
Do you miss a noteworthy paper or website? Please contact email@example.com.
- OECD – Cities’ policy responses to the COVID-19 crisis.
- UN Habitat – UN Habitat’s response plan.
- World Bank Group – Sustainable Cities and Communities: Monthly newsletter which currently focuses on COVID-19 response updates.
- IHS/City of Rotterdam – Policy brief about conditions for urban resilience to COVID-19.
- World Bank – Better Cities, Better World: A Handbook on Local Governments Self-Assessments.
- The Guardian – ‘Statement of principles’ written by a group of Mayors that puts climate action at the centre of recovery plans.
- Observatory - Article about gender impacts of the crisis, and the impact of the crisis on urban gender equality.
- Smart Cities World – New use of technologies by cities, as a response to the crisis.
- International Transport Forum – Brief on mobility in cities, in times of COVID-19.
Websites of local government networks that include useful examples of COVID-19 response:
- Metropolis Cities for Global Health platform
- Eurocities COVID news updates
- CEMR COVID-19 page
- UCLG ASPAC COVID-19 library
- ICLEI COVID-19 library
- C40 Cities & COVID-19
- UCLG website ‘Beyond the outbreak’
- CIB's Google Drive – Links to action plans and websites from various local government associations.