The wider objective of the project is assist the national government of the Netherlands in better facilitating information exchange and streamline intermunicipal coordination and cooperation amongst, Dutch local governments in their paradiplomatic relations with China.<br />
The project focuses on three pillars:<br />
1) Information provision and services<br />
2) Exchange of knowledge, experience and insights<br />
3) Representation and advocacy<br />
The intended results are<br />
1) Efficient and targeted advice and information provision to all Dutch municipalities at both official and administrative level, on priority themes within the international domain;<br />
Op 4 en 5 juni staat de Global Goals VIPbus op het VNG Jaarcongres. Kom kijken in de bus, ga in gesprek over de Global Goals en de Omgevingswet, en ding mee naar een gratis bezoek van de VIPbus naar uw gemeente! Burgemeester Jan van Zanen zal op het congres als eerste plaatsnemen in de Global Goals VIPbus.
The wider objective of the project is to ensure a meaningful contribution of the Dutch local representatives in the international umbrella organization of United Cities and Local Governments, and the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe.<br />
The specific objectives are to:<br />
1. provide technical support to the Dutch delegation in UCLG<br />
The wider objective of the project is to strengthen the capacities of Netherlands municipalities in the field of (their) international affairs. Approximately three quarters of all Netherlands municipalities are in some way active in the international (municipal) arena. Where municipal international activities were predominantly driven by international development cooperation, a shift towards international economic cooperation and sustainability has become visible in the past decade.