|Duration||Start 7 December, 2020 till 31 December, 2021|
|Field of expertise||Building More Effective Public Administration|
Local economic development
|Funding||Cités Unies France CUF|
The specific objectives are:
- To provide support for and strengthen micro and small businesses towards faster economic recovery through the promotion of Local Economic Development
- To enhance the capacity of institutions both public and private to govern effectively in times of crisis
- To provide practical support for the poor and vulnerable and the communities in which they live.
- To sensitize vulnerable groups on covid-19 protocols
- To increase member's knowledge and skills on how to join a virtual meeting by 90%.
- To increase member's knowledge and skills on creating and hosting a virtual meeting using tools like zoom, Google meet and Skype by 70%.
The expected results of the project are:
Internet connectivity at Kejetia terminal has been upgraded
The general public has been sensitised on covid-19
Capacity of key officers of the assembly, assembly members, business community etc on Public-Private partnership (PPP) has been enhanced
SMEs database in Greater Kumasi area has been prepared and updated
Capacity of SMEs in and around the Greater Kumasi area for doing business in the face of COVID-19 has been enhanced
Registration of informal businesses in Greater Kumasi area has been enhanced
Capacity of assembly staff on running effective virtual meetings has been strengthened
Capacity of all unit committee and town council members has beenn strengthened
Educational campaigns have been organised on Parent-Child communication and sexual reproductive rights in seven communities in the Greater Kumasi area
Personal Protective Equipment has been distributed to primary health facilities, vulnerable groups, vulnerable communities and assembly members and staff of all the seven assemblies
Food items have been procured and distributed to vulnerable communities in the Greater Kumasi area
A mechanized borehole has been constructed at Moshie Zongo.
“With all the diversity in both geographical and thematic areas of our work, strengthening the capacity of local governments is the common factor. Through experience in a variety of our programmes, I am thoroughly convinced that this targeted capacity building is a sustainable approach to bring tangible benefits for people living in our target areas. “