The specific objectives are:
1. to provide institutional support and technical assistance to the township offices of the Department of Rural Development of Chaungzon, Bilin and Paung townships in Mon State, Shwegyin Township in Bago Region and Tanintharyi township in Tanintharyi Region.
2. to provide technical assistance to the village and village tract level to familiarize communities with participatory approaches in the process of establishing inclusive village and village tract project development committees.
The expected results of the project are:
- Training plans developed
- Township-specific information dissemination and outreach strategy developed
- 165 community and technical facilitators trained on the community project cycle, gender, social accountability and grievance handling, financial management, procurement, and M&E
- Technical facilitators trained on sub-project technical design, cost estimation, social safeguards implementation, and construction supervision and management
- Village tract , village committees and village volunteers trained on the community project cycle, gender, social accountability and grievance handling, financial management, procurement, M&E, sub-project technical design, cost estimation, social safeguards implementation, and construction management and supervision
- Village Tract Development Plans (VTDPs) completed in all four townships in accordance with the provisions of the Operations Manual
- Village tract sub-committee trained on finance
- Social audits of satisfactory quality completed in all village tracts in all townships
“What I love about working for VNG International is the contribution I can make to ensuring professional project management, to the establishment and development of our in-country presences and to acquiring new business. All with a view on improving public administration around the world. “