|Duration||Start 8 December, 2014 till 31 October, 2019|
|Field of expertise||Improving Access to Basic Services|
|Policy field(s)||Water Management|
SNV Sudan and South Sudan
|Funding||Royal Netherlands Embassy in South Sudan|
The programme consists of five interrelated components:
(1) Water for Livestock;
(2) Water for Agriculture;
(3) Water for Fisheries and Habitats;
(4) Water for People (Safe Water and Improved Sanitation (SWIS)); and
(5) Knowledge and Capacity Development in Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM).
The expected results of the project are:
(1) increased economic development; and
(2) reduced dependency on food aid through efficient management of natural resources and diversification of the livelihood base.
“Duke Ellington said that "a problem is a chance to do your best". Supporting local governance in fragile and conflict-affected environments gives me the opportunity - however difficult and modest - to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of people who face adversity on a daily basis. “