|Duration||Start 25 October, 2018 till 31 July, 2019|
|Field of expertise||Developing Sustainable and Resilient Cities and Communities|
|Policy field(s)||Natural Disaster management|
|Funding||Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken|
The wider objective of the project is to contribute to enhanced resilience of the leeward islands to deal with future disasters after hurricane Irma in 2017. The specific objective of the project is provide assistance to the Ministry of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure (VROMI) and specifically its permits department, department of domain affairs and inspection department.
The expected results of the project are:
- Improved capacities of VROMI's Permits Eepartment in handling the backlog in permit requests;
- A strengthened organization of the Department of Domain Affairs to deal with complex requests of long lease and collection of fees;
- Available expertsise within the Inspection Department to assist the inspectors of the inspection department of the Ministry of VROMI with the inspection requests, as well as the general inspection of the building ordinance and environmental norms;
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness within the Inspection Department's operations;
- Improvied resilience of the organizational performance by VROMI at large by having a proper quality management system in place with appropriate work processes and procedures.
The project is financed by the Netherlands Ministry of Interior and has a duration of 9 months.